Completing all my Rough Ins

 Hello everyone and welcome back!

This week has been action packed as I'm preparing to get ready for drywall by next week! I started by completing my rough ins for my washer and dryer! Since all old dryers (Some never use 110v) use 220v outlets I had to relocate the existing one to the dryers new spot. To complete the dryer I also had to create a 4" exhaust to outside for all the lint build up. The washing machine was a little more complex as the plumbing has to be wet vented and connected to my laundry tub. After creating a parts list I soon discovers that the 3" x 3" x 2" ABS wye I needed to start this branch was sold out everywhere!!! Although there was another solution by getting a bigger wye and using a bushing it would increase the cost dramatically. Instead I hooked up my water lines and created a very temporary drain running to the floor drain until I can get the parts to do it properly.


Since my plumbing rough in is postponed until next week I decided to spend some of my extra time preparing what I need for electrical. Although I have a limited amount of electrical knowledge I'm not someone who likes to get shocked!!! I recommend watching Electrical 101 by DailyElectrician on Youtube as his guide is a create introduction to basic electrical. If you are unsure about doing your own electrical work educate yourself and don't touch anything above 110v.


Hopefully I won't run into any complications over the next week and can begin to drywall by the weekend! Stay tuned to see if my bad luck will continue with parts!!!!

Comments