The Challenges of Framing

 Hello everyone and welcome back for another eventful week!

This week I purchased all the lumber I needed to begin framing my new laundry room! After bring everything downstairs and started, I realized just how unprepared I was!!! The room unfortunetly isn't a perfect square and has many items such as the stairs, furnace supply and dryer exhaust causing me to create many bulk heads. Although it took longer than expected, I managed to frame 90% of my outer wall. Here's how it turned out!

As you can see my laundry room is a mess and I had to remove all the old plumbing rough ins so my laundry is now disabled. The reason I was unable to finish the last few studs is due to the the ceiling. Since I had lots of plumbing and gas piping I planned to straddled the ceiling with 2x4 in order to drop it beneath all the existing work. What I didn't realize is my dishwasher supply was copper and not easily movable. So I will need to purchase a new supply and move more plumbing work to complete the room. For anyone planning to do their own renovations, ensure that all the necessary piping isn't obstructing any crucial spaces that will delay the completion of your project. I plan to move all the necessary piping to finish framing next week!

Until next time,

Madison Salmond

Comments